Wednesday, September 4, 2013

And we have booked flights!!!

WE ARE GOING TO GET IVY MING!!!  I know some of you are thinking, "How is Dawn going to sit still on a plane for over 12 hours?"  Answer:  I have no idea, BUT I am going to get my baby, so who cares!!  This adoption is the most amazing, frustrating, beautiful roller coaster.  We can't wait to shower Ivy with love and can't believe God chose us to parent her.  So I mentioned on FB there is a cool story, here it is:

The waiting at times in this process has been unbearable...we waited 114 days for our Letter Of Acceptance...that is like FOREVER!  I would wake up daily and pray today would be the day we got the message from our agency.  If only I could remember every second of every day that GOD HAS A PLAN!  We leave for the other side of the world on Sept. 12th, we receive our new child on Sept. 16th, the adoption is finalized on Sept. 17th.  Do you know what Sept. 17th is??  Three years ago this month I was on bed rest, practically bleeding to death with my pregnancy with our stillborn son, Reese.  September 17th is REESE'S 3RD BIRTHDAY!  And our 12th anniversary is the 22nd!  I could never in my wildest dreams have made this happen.  My God can do anything!  I remember laying in the bed at the hospital after delivering Reese not being able to imagine what my life would look like in 2-3 years, not being able to see past my drowning grief.  If you would have told me we would be adopting, that all the fees would be supplied, that my heart would be healed, that there was a beautiful baby girl hand picked for our family, I wouldn't have believed you.  God is a God of healing and he continues to heal my heart.  We know Reese's life was not in vain, he was in my womb for a purpose, to bring us to a place of surrender, to move us to obey God's words when they seemed radical and illogical, and nothing has been more fun!  We are giddy with excitement and can't wait until next Thursday!  How all the details have come together has made all the waiting soooo worth it...remind me of this next time I am waiting for something :)

 
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever!
AMEN.
Ephesians 3:20


Love to all,
D

1 comment:

  1. How awesome! Congratulations and I can't wait to see pictures and meet Ivy! :-)

    ReplyDelete